Mediation And Alternative Dispute Resolution
With over 25 years of experience mediating cases, Rob is uniquely poised to help in your case. Having handled a variety of matters as a mediator has also enhanced the steps Rob takes to prepare for all mediations.
Regardless of the legal matter that is being mediated, Rob notifies each client of the importance of preparation. Mediation is the one shot that you have to obtain justice, and as a result, preparedness can make a difference.
Below are critical items to consider as you work towards scheduling your mediation with Rob.
- Documentation: Has all documentation been requested or obtained?
- Is there any risk of spoliation to consider regarding your scheduled mediation date?
- Experts and Witnesses: Have you taken the time to uncover all of the facts in your case that you believe are relevant and need to be brought to light?
- Be well versed and prepared to speak to all elements regarding your case.
- Emotional preparation is also critical. Most cases involve a high level of emotion, but in a mediation environment, it is critical to leave your emotions outside, and yes, Rob understands how difficult that can be.
- Clothing. You are still making an impression on the opposing side, be sure to dress appropriately.
Lastly, relax; this too shall pass. Allow Rob to work with you to mediate your matter.
Mediation has become the focal point of all litigation. State and federal courts even require that the parties mediate their cases before heading to court. While choosing the right attorney is important, having a mediator who can help the parties negotiate the settlement waters is just as important.