Motorcycle Accidents Attorneys in Dalton, GA, Fighting for Just Compensation for Motorcyclists
Many motorcycle riders enjoy the freedom of the open road. However, no motorcyclist wants to be injured in a motorcycle wreck. Unlike other motor vehicles, motorcycles do not offer protection. Even if the motorcyclist is wearing a helmet, they can sustain serious injuries.
If you are a biker and have been involved in a collision, you need to hire an experienced Dalton motorcycle accident lawyer. Typically motorcyclists sustain severe injuries in a motorcycle accident. The Cowan Law Firm, LLC has motorcycle accident attorneys who understand the complexities of these types of personal injury cases. We are committed to seeking justice for motorcycle accident victims by working to obtain maximum compensation for their injuries and pain and suffering.
Contact our law firm and ask to schedule a free initial case review. We will be happy to examine your case and help you understand your legal rights and options.
Can a Motorcycle Accident Attorney Help Me Recover Damages After I Have Been Injured?
Motorcycle riders involved in a motorcycle accident need to obtain a personal injury lawyer who can assist them through the legal process of recovering compensation for their injuries and pain and suffering.
Under Georgia law, motorcycle accident victims may be entitled to seek economic and non-economic damages due to their injuries. Economic damages, also called special damages, are meant to reimburse you for the money you have had to pay out-of-pocket as a direct result of your injuries. They include:
- Past and future medical expenses such as hospital and ER visits, the cost of prescription drugs, fees related to X-rays and other medical tests, and general medical bills. This may also include if you need to have your home or vehicle adapted to handicap specifications due to your injuries.
- Lost wages due to your inability to work.
- Loss of earning capacity if you are unable to work in the same type of profession that you did prior to your accident.
- Property damages are meant to reimburse you for damage or loss of your motorcycle.
Non-economic damages can be unique to your particular case. They are also referred to as general damages. They include:
- Pain and suffering to make amends for the physical pain you have endured due to being injured.
- Loss of enjoyment of life is awarded when you can no longer participate in the same activities you enjoyed before the accident.
- Mental anguish is granted for the emotional trauma that you underwent after being injured.
- Disfigurement and scarring
Many injury victims are hesitant to file a motorcycle accident lawsuit. Nevertheless, often the only way to hold the responsible parties accountable for their actions is to file a personal injury claim. If you decide that you want to pursue an injury claim, you need to be sure to hire a motorcycle accident law firm that can provide you with the legal representation that you deserve. Often the insurance company will attempt to dispute or deny your claim unless you have a skilled motorcycle injury attorney on your side.
What Should I Do if I Am Involved in a Motorcycle Accident?
If you are a biker and have been involved in a motorcycle accident, there are certain steps that you need to take to safeguard your health and well-being. Following these procedures can assist you with your legal options at a later date if necessary. They are as follows:
- Do not leave the accident scene. It is essential that you stay where the accident occurred and report it immediately to law enforcement by calling 911.
- Check yourself and any other individual involved in the accident for injuries. If serious injuries have occurred, be certain to ask for emergency medical responders when calling to report the accident.
- Obtain information from the other driver, such as their driver’s license number, insurance, and license plate number. Use your cell phone to take pictures of the details for the sake of time.
- Gather evidence and collect the names of potential witnesses along with their contact information.
- Be sure to ask for a copy of the police report to retain for your records. You want to ensure that all the facts and other circumstances related to your motorcycle accident case and that the investigation has been properly documented.
- Seek medical attention even if you do not think that you have a serious injury. If you choose not to be examined by a medical professional, you run the risk of becoming ill or having to deal with serious health issues that could have been prevented.
- Speak with a knowledgeable motorcycle accident lawyer who can provide you with the legal services you need if you decide to file an injury lawsuit.
Do All Motorcycle Accident Cases End Up Going to Court?
It would surprise a majority of people to know that most personal injury cases never make it to court. Consistently insurance companies will try to tempt injury victims with settlement offers that are not in their best interests.
Insurance companies like to blame the victim when a motorcycle accident occurs. An insurance company often tries to argue that the motorcycle rider was to blame for the accident due to speeding or not following traffic laws.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, it is essential that you retain a personal injury lawyer who understands the legal system and will provide solid representation on your behalf.
Our main objective is to win your case and obtain full and fair compensation on your behalf. At The Cowan Law Firm, LLC, our experienced motorcycle accident attorneys are highly skilled in the legal process of negotiating with the insurance company. If a mutual agreement cannot be reached, then we are fully prepared to wage a legal battle in the courtroom to ensure your rights and future are protected.
Why Should I Hire The Cowan Law Firm, LLC to Represent Me in an Injury Lawsuit?
After you have sustained a motorcycle injury, you need the services of an accident lawyer in Dalton, GA, who can provide the representation you deserve in your legal case. As an injury victim, we recognize that you have suffered a great deal of stress, physical pain, and anxiety as you worry about your future. After you have been injured, you need time to rest and heal. Therefore, we pledge to work hard to obtain an outcome that is fully favorable to you.
It should be stated that motorcycle accident victims only have two years from the date that injuries occurred to file a motorcycle accident lawsuit. The Georgia statute of limitations instructs that even if an individual has a valid case if they wait until the two years have passed, they cannot file a claim. You may also be eligible to file a claim if you have lost a loved one due to a motorcycle accident. The time period to file a wrongful death claim is also two years from the date of the deceased’s death.
The Cowan Law Firm, LLC of Dalton, GA, is dedicated to assisting those who have been injured in motorcycle accidents to recover the financial compensation they deserve. We also pride ourselves on the trust that we work to establish with each attorney-client relationship. We take motorcycle accident cases on a contingency fee basis and do not recover a fee unless you win.
Contact our law offices by calling (706) 278-2099 and ask to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case.